Tuesday, June 28, 2011

June 27th

So, today I got up and made porridge with berries for me and Marie to share. Twas grand and we chatted for a while. I was invited to go to Inish Torbot with Brian Hughes and a couple of fellas who were going as well. Basically i was crashing their outting but thats ok. I showered and then made my way over to the Abbeyglen for one oclock.

I met up at the Hughes house and was invited in to see my painting, something i have been waiting to do for a year! It was so exciting to walk in and see it beautifully framed and hanging in a prominent spot on the wall of the livingroom. Clearly my artwork appreciated and valued, making me a happy Irish camper.


we got ready to drive to the pier. the two dogs belonging to Brian jumped into the trunk and that is where they stayed all the way to the peir, bouncing around back there not making a noise.

The day was beautiful for photos and i took many of the guys with me and the landscape. The funny thing about the boat ride over to Inish Turbot, is when we got close to shore, Brian picked up his dog, Gypsy, and threw her in the water. I was shocked and let out a gasp. Apparently she loves it!

So in the photo above, Rob is sitting watching Brian throw his other dog overboard too. There were two dogs with us. Rob and his dad Mick were the reason for this boat trip, I guess they are going to use the cottage of the Huges over on the Island.

Here are a bunch of photos from the day on the water and island hopping:



Above, is the Hughes cottage on Inish Turbot. Its 160 years old and has been renovated, even has running hot water! such a luxury!! The view from this cottage is of the ocean, beautiful and rugged.

above, gypsy the dog, have ye ever seen such a tongue on a dog before?? she looks like a cartoon!

mick on the left, rob on the right





below is my friend winifred gibbons, who last year said i could stay with her if i needed a place after i broke my collar bone. she is awesomely  nice!


Spent some time in the Abbeyglen, invited for dinner by Brian to a type of business meeting he was having with Pat and Paddy re tourism promotion stuff. I ate the salmon......of course. It was great meeting these gentlemen and getting to know them over supper. Then off to the bar downstairs where i actually did not have my uke with me and Mary the pinao player asked me to play and sing on my uke, i had to turn her down, i can't do it without my uke!



Perhaps if i ever need a job in Ireland, I'll be Freda's right  hand behind the bar at the Abbeyglen.

sorry, this blog is a long one, it was a very full and beautiful day full of people and scenery!





No comments:

Post a Comment