Friday, July 1, 2011

june 28 - Roundstone and Ballyconneely

traveling around Roundstone town



Paddy the yank, the man who owns paddy murphy's bar in Naples Florida, came and collected me in Clifden to drive me to Roundstone today. we drove to a few places of interest including O'Dowds pub where the film Matchmaker was shot. I forgot to get a photo of the outside of the bar, but got lots of photos from inside the bar.





in the above photo, paddy the yank is on the left, shoot, can't remember the woman in the middle and then Pat Mullen on the right. They put Roundstond on the world map for having the first pony show in the world.
above the harbour of Roundstone, in the background, the famous Twelve Bens (mountain peaks)


Outside, beside Roundstone harbour, artists painting out in the open, pieces with either the Twelve Bens or the Harbour and below, the three Brady brothers from Wicklow area. They were sitting down in O'Dowds pub for lunch and I took their photo. Great for the craic so they tell me


Paddy the yank's stallion pony, very frisky, the stallion i mean  :) Now i was supposed to go the a wedding with Paddy the following day (thursday past) but i was camping and missed, a total drag because it would have been grand to see an Irish wedding. Paddy invited me to go with him to it and i would have but missed his call cause I was camping with the bull. (next blog)



The Abbeyglen above from across the bay



The Abbeyglen lobby where i spend my blog time using their wifi.

it was a full day driving around seeing the countryside, something i never tire of. I am starting to understand the sheep markings, now one step closer to being Irish. i love the land and the people, i have said it loads.

No comments:

Post a Comment