Wednesday, July 6, 2011

july 5th hiking Inish Bofin with Gerry from Derry

Well, there is no Connemara Safari this week so instead, I hiked Inish Bofin with Gerry MacCloskey on my own, just him and me! Twas grand despite the bits of rain, which i don't mind at all. i always forget the sunscreen because it is cool and breezy and i never feel too hot. but I have red cheeks from the sun and the wind burn. I love the wild flowers all over the place, they grow despite the harsh weather at times and are beautiful, just like the people!



Above, a currach (pronounced keroch), looks to be in good working order.


below, the awesome Gerry MacCloskey, leader of the hike.

I have put my hame in the bog with stones, now I am imortal in Ireland, my name will live on, get covered over as the bog grows and when future archeologists find it they will know i was here, either that or they will just see a pile of stones. :)






Above, is the monestary on Inish Bofin. I loved this scene, very picturesque nad peaceful with the cows. We passed Michael Joe's house and i got to meet him for real. he is in my 2009 blog of Inish bofin.

Well, i sit here in the castle, writing this blog to whomever is reading it so let me describe my surroundings. There is a fire in the room, i hear the soft piano music coming from the diningroom played by Aedon (A-don). he is grand. the chandeleir above my head is bright and it is almost 8:30. Willie Leahy just walked in the door downstairs, i hears his voice, dropped my computer and ran down the stairs and wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss. he didn't seem to know me at first (sans the broken collar bone) but when i told him my name he remembered alright. I hear Gilbert the Parrott saying "Roger" downstairs and whistling to himself.

thanks for reading my stuff........

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment