Thursday, July 23, 2009

LOVE IRELAND!

Well, the overall conclusion is I totally love Ireland. Why? Because, somehow I feel at home there. The air smells good, the breeze on my skin feels good and I connect with the people. Of all the tours I have done so far (and I say that because I will be back, hopefully next summer, to do another tour, maybe a bike tour!) the Connemara Safari one was the most intmate. Initmate with the land that is, but also the group I was with. We only covered a relatively small amount of land and sights, but we were up close to the land because of the hiking. I loved the long walks (like 4-6 hours) on the islands and the fjord.

But, if you wanted to see more of the prominant sights of Ireland, the Vagabond Tour I did last year was good for that. the group was only 14 people, I like smaller gruops, and we bumped around in a jeep for seven days seeing all the sights on our path. I loved this tour as well, and connected nicely with the people on it. The average age was younger than the connemara safari, around 30 or so compared to the connemara which was mainly comprised of 50 plus aged tourists. I think the price point for both these tours were about the same, but the Vagabond was more days and only breakfast was included. Connemara was 4.5 days and everything was included, all meals.

Shamrocker was great because it was cheap and we hit the main attractions on our route. Nothing was included in the trip but your seat on the bus, everything else was extra. We stayed in hostels, which were nice, and ate at our own expense. I think the Shamrocker is a great affordable way to see the sights in Ireland. Average age on the tour, about 24 years old.

So, three very different tour companies, all with their own advantages depending on what you are looking for. I know, this blog is boring, I just tought it would be good to summarize my experience so far. I am glad I did all three tours, they were all enjoyable and worth doing. A great selection for anyone intending to travel there, you just have to know what you are looking for. Hopefully next year, I will be able to add another tour company to my list of experiences!

Now, this blog will convert to my everyday ramblings of life and thoughts I might have here and there, with the odd picture when I take it.

tootles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment